Search: Advanced search
Browse by category:
How to create a new user for a database in Microsoft SQL Server 2005
This technote describes how to create a new user for a database in Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
1. Go to "Start ---> All Programs ---> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 ---> SQL Server Management Studio".
2. Expand the "Security" tab.
3. To create a new user, right click on the tab "Logins", then click on "New Login...".
4. Go to the "Properties" of this newly created user. This dialog is available either when creating a new user or by right clicking
on an existing user and going to "Properties".
5. In the Properties, go to "User Mapping".
6. Check the database that the user needs access to.
7. Then check "db_owner" in the section "Database role membership".
8. Select OK to exit the dialog.
Now you have a new user in Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
Powered by Deru Communications (Webhosting Knowledgebase)